Utah-Specific Resources for Advanced Care Planning
- Provider Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST): Utah Life with Dignity Order
- Utah Advance Health Care Directive Forms and Instructions
- Utah Commission on Aging
- Utah Department of Human Services – Aging and Adult Services
- Salt Lake County - Aging & Adult Services
- Utah Legal Guide for Those 55 and Over
The Conversation Project Community Resource Center
A collection of free tools gleaned from The Conversation Project’s nation-wide community engagement work. You can download these myriad resources and customize them to fit the needs of your own community. The tools are categorized into the following areas: community organizing suggestions, how to host events, material and tools, measurement, and publicity.
- “How to Talk About Dying” by Ellen Goodman. New York Times.
- “How do you want to die? A mission to make death part of popular conversation.”
PBS NewsHour (Video) Ellen Goodman and other speak about TCP.
- PBS Frontline (Video) Dr. Atul Gawande’s Being Mortal.
- ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. Flagship piece on TCP.
- ABC News: A Conversation with Dr. Atul Gawande
The Conversation Project in Utah Power Point Presentation
Originally presented at the Utah Aging Alliance Fall Conference in 2016, this general presentation will provide you with information about the need for advance care planning, local and national resources, and a brief introduction to the TCP Starter Kit.